Our fundraising heroes

print version share on facebook

Just 11% of our income comes from the public Exchequer so every year we have to come up with the other 89% ourselves. Thankfully, with the generosity of our donors, fundraisers, sponsors, members and friends, we manage to raise about €1.4 million each year.

In these hard times, we rely more than ever on the generosity of the public and our dedicated fundraising heroes. It is only thanks to their commitment to the cause and kind support that we can continue our work to make life better for people with arthritis.

Fundraising events account for 23% of our annual income

Our fundraisers – both at home and abroad – get involved in all sorts of activities to help raise much-needed funds for us. Parachute jumps, bake-offs, vintage tractor runs, cycling events, mini-marathons, sponsored sleepovers, swimathons… the list goes on. We never cease to be amazed at the creativity and generosity of those who organise and take part in fundraising events. Some take part as a personal challenge; others get involved to show support and solidarity with family and friends who live with arthritis.

Whatever their reasons, they have one thing in common: every euro they raise means more people with arthritis get the support they need to live well with this painful and debilitating disease. Fundraising events also include our Jasper pin campaign to raise funds for our juvenile arthritis programme and our national raffle which supports all of our activities.

Personal donations account for 8% of our annual income

In 2014, Arthritis Ireland continued to recruit regular monthly donors and we now have over 600 committed supporters on our system who give an average of €13 per month. By continuing to grow this number in 2016 and beyond, this regular income will allow us to plan more effectively and continue to provide the many supports and services available all around Ireland.

As well as regular monthly donors, we have nearly 1,000 friends who pay an annual subscription of €36 and every month we receive generous donations via our website and over the phone.

Community fundraising accounts for 9% of our annual income

This is the income that our dedicated network of branch volunteers raises each year through a variety of activities, such as church gate collections, coffee mornings and local physical challenges. 100% of the funds raised in the community are also spent locally on education programmes and branch events throughout the year. Over the next three years, we intend to grow our community fundraising substantially with the support of our central office. This will allow our network of branches to help even more people in their area.

If you have donated or raised funds for Arthritis Ireland, we thank you sincerely. We deeply appreciate all of your efforts. You are one of the heroes. Without people like you, none of our research, our courses, community activities or advocacy campaigns would be possible.

You make a big difference in the lives of people with arthritis in Ireland. Thank you.

 

Click here to visit our fundraising hub

discussion forum blog get the ezine shop
Arthritis Ireland on facebook Arthritis Ireland on Twitter Arthritis Ireland on Google Plus Arthritis Ireland on YouTube Arthritis Ireland on YouTube Arthritis Ireland on YouTube