Volunteer co-facilitator (mental health programme)
The Young Arthritis Network is the Arthritis Ireland support service for adults under 50 living with arthritis and related conditions.
We are currently seeking a volunteer co-facilitator to assist in the implementation of a new six-week mental health programme that will offer participants the space and support to examine their emotional relationship and reactions to living with arthritis or a related condition.
- This is an ideal position for a trainee psychotherapist or someone with a background in psychotherapy, counselling or social sciences.
- You will be working alongside the course facilitator to support them in the delivery of the programme.
- While the course facilitator is leading the group, your role as group observer will be to monitor the group dynamics during each session and noting any issues which might need to be addressed or resolved.
- You will play an active role in creating a safe environment for participants in the programme.
- Checking in and debriefing with the course facilitator each week and working with them to address and resolve any issues that might arise.
- Checking in with the group participants before, during and after each session.
- The ideal candidate will be currently training or fully qualified in the areas of psychotherapy, counselling or social sciences.
- Experience or interest in working with people living with chronic illness is a distinct advantage.
- Adhere to best practice standards and ethics in counselling/psychotherapy.
- Garda vetting will be required before commencement.
For more information or to apply for this role please email Allison Paisley, Chairperson of Young Arthritis Network at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2019