Your Local Branch
No matter where you are living in the country it is likely that you will have an Arthritis Ireland branch not too far away. The branches are mostly made up of people who have experience of living with arthritis and they understand the challenges that living with a chronic condition brings.
To find a branch of Arthritis Ireland near you, visit our location map.
If there is no branch listed in your area, contact the branch nearest to you. Because branches are county based, the events will take place in various locations within that county so there may be something going on near you, although it may not be listed as within your county.
Alternatively, if you would like to talk to us about starting a branch in your area, click here.
There are many reasons to get involved in your local Arthritis Ireland branch:
- It is a great way to get involved with a cause close to your heart and that of your community.
- It offers a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of an exciting new era of developments for people with arthritis in Ireland.
- It is an excellent opportunity to meet like-minded people with the shared vision of making a difference to the lives of the 1-in-5 people living with arthritis in your community.
- You will have comprehensive access to the latest training, information and support programmes.
- It is a fantastic means to contribute to the development of Arthritis Ireland's services.
Your local branch is a group of people who understand what it means to live with arthritis. They are a source of information and support. It can be helpful to talk to someone in your area who has been through a diagnosis, treatment, surgery or simply to share their advice and experience on what helps them on a daily basis.
Branches meet on a regular basis and are run by elected voluntary committees. As a group, they provide practical services in local communities including:
- Peer support
- Information and educational events
- Exercise groups
- Arthritis support groups
- Campaigning on arthritis-related issues
- Fundraising for support programmes at local and national level
Our branch network is always looking for volunteers with new interests, skills and perspectives to continue providing support in the community. You may have arthritis yourself, or family member who lives with arthritis or you may just wish to help out in your community. Either way, your time is precious to us!
There is a place for everyone in the Arthritis Ireland branch network. As a branch member you simply sign up to attend your local branch meetings and get involved in their local initiatives. You can tailor the level of your involvement to suit your availability.
If you would like to contribute to the work of your local branch of Arthritis Ireland, just contact your local branch representative here or contact Niamh Murphy, Community Service Manager on 01-6470204.
If there is no branch in your area or near to you, why not consider joining together with other volunteers from your community to establish a new branch for your area. We will provide you with all the information and support needed to get you up-and-running.
Contact Orla Tiernan on 01-6470204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org