Working with arthritis, back pain & related conditions: A guide for employees
Whether you are newly diagnosed with arthritis,back pain or another musculoskeletal disorder (MSD), or have been living with the condition for many years, managing work can sometimes be challenging. This guide provides you with up-to-date and accurate information and advice to make sure you can find the help you need to stay in your job. If you are worried or concerned following a recent diagnosis of an MSD, you can find more information about what kind of support you are entitled to. This guide also discusses the options of re-training or moving to different types of jobs within an organisation.
In this guide, you will find:
- About arthritis and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs)
- What are the benefits of employment?
- How do MSDs affect employment?
- Should I tell my employer?
- What can I do to manage my MSD in the workplace?
- When should I get help with my job?
- What are my legal rights?
- What if my job is no longer suitable?
- I want to return to work. Where should I start?
- Finances and access to benefits
- Useful contacts